Pages

Friday, August 9, 2013

Up on the wall Friday

I've been working on this scene inspired by my cousin in her kayak and the trees just don't work

 

Though maybe some thread play would help - nah :-(

 

Ok, so let's try covering the whole mess up with yarn and throw some tulle over it.

 

 

Much better!

 

I still have lots more to do on this quilt but now at least I will finish it. I was about to bag it but something about that last ditch effort makes me take risks so that's a good thing. I had never liked the way tulle works before but now, well I may see me using it more.

 

Today is a lovely rainy day off so I'm taking a break from the trees and making some tea wallets to sell at the fair. Great way to use up some of those novelty fabrics I always seem compelled to buy but then don't use. They're scrappy too so you only need a 5" x7" chunk of each fabric. I'm using some thin foam that had in the closet and it seems to make them have more body. Also just using elastic for the button clasp but I keep forgetting to add it or I'm putting it on wrong. I've done two, made my mistakes so hopefully the rest will come off without a hitch. The lemon fabric is pretty cute though.

 

5 comments:

  1. you did a good job fixing the tree problem.
    LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've done that before...didn't like what a landscape quilt looked like and added paint. Still didn't like it so I added ribbon. Hated that, took ribbon out and added beads. Liked the beads! It is all a process, isn't it? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, what are tea wallet? Just curious. Good job n the save in the trees!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The trees have a lot more life now. I'm curious, too, about the tea wallets. Is this for carrying your own tea with you in your purse. They sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to know about the tea wallet too! Great job fixing your problem too!

    ReplyDelete