Pages

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween creativity

At the hotel where I work we are provided with a free pumpkin to carve for those who wish to do it and there is a little Halloween party with a carving contest. Yesterday I brought in a glue gun, a basket of various findings from the woods (acorns, mushrooms ect) some yarn and a couple of garden ornaments.

Nobody wanted to do a pumpkin.

You know how it is, "oh, I don't know how" "I'm not crafty" I'm not creative" "no time"

Blah, blah, blah

I just started carving my idea, and slowly a couple of people watched, then I started directing them to - hey, do this, or try that. At first they were intimidated but after putting on some things, trying this and trying that - they got into it! So I walked away and left them to it.

 
When I came back they had made this :-)
 

After an hour or two in the break room, someone had added this.


Look inside!

I couldn't be more thrilled to see people do something creative in spite of themselves.

Happy Halloween!

 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! The first one looks like a hobbit hole :))) They look fantastc! I love how they did the relaxing dude :)))

    ReplyDelete