Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

FMQ

This week I needed a break from art quit making and am free motion quilting with abandon. My mother has been quilting for 60 years so you can imagine the stash she has accumulated . This spring she went thru a bunch of UFO's and came across these cute little flower blocks half done. I told her if she pieced them, I would quilt it.

I've been watching both Leah day and Angela Walters on craftsy so am practicing some of their "moves"

 

And yes, I got some of these on the back but mostly on the meandering which I haven't done in a long time and wasn't confident about - I left it in. This is my quilt and I can live with eyelashes. There I said it! And I'm still intact - nobody took me to quilters jail :-)

 

But after a few blocks I eased into this - no eyelashes! Leah Day says that most of the time when you get eye lashing it's because your speed is not consistent which makes sense because my meandering is small and I was not consistent with speed because I felt awkward with it. Practice, practice, practice.

I'm practicing feathers, swirls

 


Throwing in some coneflowers here and there.

 

Really enjoying this knowing that it is my quilt, it doesn't have to be perfect - just fun and it's coming along

 

Except for someone chewed the finger off my beloved machinger gloves this morning.

I think she wants me to stop this crazy quilting business and take her out for a walk.

 

So I did :-)

I highly recommend taking a craftsy class - they are wonderful! But wait until they go on sale, they have half off sales quite often and you can get a class for 20 to 25 bucks. Totally worth it.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment