Pages

Friday, October 9, 2015

House construction finish

Check my last two posts here and here for progress on this house quilt. I didn't end up using the painted cones. After adding the yarn, they just didn't go.

Ended up with " pumpkin buttons"

I did use cut up driftwood for the fence posts, sewing them on by hand.

 

This yarn bunch makes a nice flower bush.

All in all I like how the house quilt came out but after working on it for three weeks I am thrilled to move on to other things. Raining today so started a simple landscape and another small one involving a hand holding something. More on those next week :-)

 

We are in peak foliage season right now here in Vermont. I hope you can get out and enjoy the last joys and beauty of fall this week end.

 

7 comments:

  1. You get an A++++++! It is just beautiful. I am sure they will love it so.

    Maybe next year we will get a chance to see the colors in your area. I have wanted to for several years now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is lovely! I especially love the fence- it adds lots of depth and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This has a lot of character: I like the fence posts and the pumpkin buttons a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is terrific and and I love all your finishing touches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful, I especially love the sky. And is that a piece of burlap you used for the gate? Fall is definitely creeping in, it's so beautiful but followed by all that darn cold and snow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like this piece, love all the details, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well. In fact your creative writing abilities has inspired me to start my own BlogEngine blog now. Really the blogging is spreading its wings rapidly. Your write up is a fine example of it. reformas zaragoza

    ReplyDelete