Pages

Friday, April 7, 2017

Painting with a toilet paper tube

I saw a you tube video here where a woman showed how to make a fuzzy dandelion with paint on paper using a toilet paper tube so thought I would try it. Mine didn't come out as good as hers but I sure had fun.

 

First I had to mangel a roll of toilet paper to get the cardboard out since I didn't have any on hand. Then cut all around the bottom about 2" up to make it like a brush. Next I laid a piece of black fabric on some flat styrofoam , pinned in place and lightly sprayed with water.

 

After dipping my " brush" into some acrylic paint the dabbing and pouncing begins. First using a darker color and then going lighter. In the end I also added some purple - just because ;-)

 

The first attempt ( see top pic) didn't look very dandelion - y so I made another smaller " brush" out of a small piece of just mail taped into a tube. One mangled toilet paper roll is quite enough, thank you.

This round came out looking more like a dandelion in the fuzz stage.

 

The one on the top ended up getting mushed.

Someone on Instagram said it looks like a dr. Seuss truffula tree.

It was a mistake

Yes! That was what I was trying to do all along.

 

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing, I have to try it! Your flower ended up very nicely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello I am so delighted I located your blog, I really located you by mistake, while I was watching on google for something else, Anyways I am here now and could just like to say thank for a tremendous post and a all round entertaining website. Please do keep up the great work. Gutter cleaning

    ReplyDelete
  3. First You got a great blog .I will be interested in more similar topics. i see you got really very useful topics, i will be always checking your blog thanks. กรรไกรตัดกิ่ง

    ReplyDelete