Pages

Friday, August 18, 2017

The rust diaries continue

  Glen suggested I try steel wool - why not? So I took an SOS pad that the soap was used up and wrapped it around a bottle.

 Then tied the fabric after soaking in vinegar and water.
 It works! Here it is the morning after.
 And here it is after rinsing. - nice! Thank you Glen 😍

' The next thing was to try a bunch of big rusted things. I laid them out on vinegar soaked cotton that has a nice loose weave - kind of linen like.
 This was left overnight in the rain.
 And here it is after a couple days. It didn't really take the shape of the different items but I'm not really after that. I want some interesting mottled blobs of color.
 And that's exactly what I got. Nice texture to it. All and all I'm very happy with how they came out. I have no idea what I will do with it but it's sure fun to see how it comes out 😊

If things look alitttle weird with my posts, I got a new iPad and the app I used before (blogsy) is no more so I cant use it and the only thing I can find to use is called blogspot pro and it is not the most user friendly even though it cost 5 bucks. I think google shows its feelings about apple by not allowing us a decent app to use with their blogspot. Do any of you use an iPad to post on blogger? If so, what do you use? I tried going right to blogger and that is frustrating as hell. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. 


5 comments:

  1. Ok, now. You need to go to Walmart or a pool store and pick up some antichlor. Or whatever they use to fix chlorine in pools. Soak all your rusty fabric in it. This stops the degeneration of the fabric by the rust. If you don't, you will find your fabric with holes in it. And that is interesting, but if you have it in a piece and sold or given away, it won't be so nice! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rusted pieces are so interesting. Makes me want to do some more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I played with rust dyeing a few years ago, did not get very far with it. Love the steel wool idea! Will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your rusty fabrics look great! Yup, Google and Apple do not like each other. I'm pretty sure that's why I don't receive notifications on some of the comments made on my posts.

    ReplyDelete