Pages

Friday, August 24, 2018

Jeans upcycle


I’ve been hoarding collecting jeans for awhile and haven’t used them until now. 

Yes, another journal cover - this is the last one for awhile. (Maybe) ☺️(sheepish grin)

The inside flaps are from the flannel shirt front

How cool is that! 
 Also made a collar for zu zu. I found the buckle on Etsy that can be personalized and used her old collar for a pattern. Here’s a tip the woman at the pet food store told me - dab some clear nail polish on the engraving and it won’t wear off. 



I don’t wear nail polish but had some polycyclic which is just as good . 

Have you made upcycled stuff?  What do you make?
I keep wanting to do more of it but then my beautiful batiks call “use me! Use me! “

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE to upcyle whether it's fabric or stuff around the house. I've made a couple of purses from jeans and still save jeans. I made a quilt once, but it was just too darned heavy. I save all zippers and hardware from old purses too. I save any cotton clothes that I don't want to donate too. Cotton must be getting harder to come by because I have noticed that it is hard to find cotton shirts anymore.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete