Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2018

Sticks and stones


This is my first try at modern quilting. I like the straight lines I see in a lot of modern quilts and watched a Craftsy class that showed how. It’s really quite freeing and fun.  Something about slicing thru fabric with no ruler at random feels really good. I added the rock stacks because , well I like them.
This will be a curtain covering the window in my front door that is old and has no insulation. 

I ran out of batting and used flannel which was a mistake because it s heavily quilted and you can’t really see all that work but live and learn. And I got in some good practice.

1 comment:

  1. I see a lot of amazing quilting. This is a great modern quilt. I love how you added the rock stacks and the color you chose. This is a great piece.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete