Pages

Friday, December 7, 2018

Evil labyrinth quilt

I’m trying to make a smaller version of the labyrinth quilt. I’m sure you’ve seen it, it’s a pattern quite popular made by Christopher Florence and is written to be an 84” by 84” size quilt. I didn’t want such a large quilt so I cut all the measurements in half and went to town.


I cut out all the million pieces and labeled them with sticky’s. All ready all this organization is scary and out of my normal routine. But oh yeah! I can do this easy peasy at least that is what I have heard about this quilt.
 Ha! Well after much adjusting and fixing the first five blocks went together .
 Only a couple times did I have to break out this tool of torture and woe. 

 Now the next 4 blocks almost did me in. The tool of torture ripped many a screaming seam. ( or was that me screaming) but I digress.
 I’m finally at this point so the end it near. See those white strips? They are only 5/8” wide before sewing so not much room for error and I am not a precise quilter so error I am doing much of. 

I may not be precise and perfect but I make up for it in determination and I WILL conquer the demons in this labyrinth. I am quilter! Hear me roar!

Stay tuned 😁








5 comments:

  1. You are truly a miracle worker if you can conquer this re-size. I wondered what the strange sound was that I was hearing, but now I know it was your screaming seams! Can't wait to see your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It does look like a daunting task, but I'm sure you will conquer it and have wonderful results. Carry on!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Wow! You decreased the size and survived!! I love this pattern and wonder if I ever will want to stitch all those small pieces. Maybe one large one in a modern quilt, or some version of it. I'm marking that thought in my quilt notebook.
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm very impressed with this! And I'm definitely not going to try it! Maybe the full-sized one sometime. This is looking good, though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with this mind-blowing pattern. You look like you are making enough progress that you should be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete