Pages

Friday, December 8, 2017

Sketchbook for quilter #2


Another free motion quilting sketchbook cover - same style as last week but all different designs.

Enjoying the practice and the whole “zen” of doing it. With this one I tried using a ruler to make the straight lines for the grid for the first time. I’ve had one for a long time but thought it was a hard thing to do. Doing this small quilt, it was easy! I first put some little sandpaper dots on each corner so it wouldn’t slip and I think that might have helped. 

Where to find all these designs? I use two sources mainly. First Leah days free gallery of 365 designs here and Pinterest. Search for not only free motion quilting on Pinterest but also zentangles will give you a lot of ideas as well. But. BEWARE Pinterest is a time suck -it’s easy to spend way to much time there but you can get a lot of inspiration and it gives you a place to keep all the internet found ideas in one place.

You still need a sketchbook though for practice. Never try to quilt any design without drawing on paper first. Ask me how I know πŸ˜‡

And this one is for sale on Etsy here in case you need a good Christmas present for yourself πŸ€—

1 comment:

  1. I am loving these! You are doing an amazing job and getting wonderful practice. Your books are so popular you might need to quit your day job!

    ReplyDelete