Pages

Friday, September 20, 2013

Mountain warrior WIP

Been working on this landscape and will be making a digital pattern of it to sell on craftsy.

I think I need to tweak it a bit to make the rocks part look more like a cliff. And I felt it needed something on the left to balance out the action on the right so those trees are supposed to look like tree tops? Do they? Would it be better to have just some bare trunks with no evergreen foliage?

I'm linking this to Nina's off the wall Friday (button on the right of this blog) and you gals are very artistic and have great advice so any input or ideas you can give me will be appreciated :-)

Glen from quilts and dogs blog has thrown down the gauntlet to a butt glove challenge duel and above is the start of that, I know it looks very strange but wait until next week. It'll be worth the wait.

 

My days off this week, Thursday and Friday are positively perfect in the weather a area - high 70's, no humidity, wall to wall sun. Yesterday I went to button bay to visit my parents and we rented a couple of kayaks - very fun! Today I'll take the dogs to a natural area on the river so I don't know how much quilting Ill get done but here in Vermont we have to savor every last minute of this weather since it'll be the last for many many months.

7 comments:

  1. The tree tops add to the depth and dimension....gives the appearance of the cliff being very high up. My impression is that since your hills are lush and green you would not want bare tree branches....would you?

    Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a yoga enthusiast, nature hiker and fiber artist this piece calls to me. The tree tops coupled with the distant view say up on top of cliff. I wouldn't change a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the landscape the way it is now. Just my opinion. Just because I am confused, but what is a butt glove?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well,Sylvia. You need to read my story of what happened to me. After my sad story appeared on the blog, my good friend challenged me to a butt glove duel. Mine is percolating. I should have it in a few days.

    http://quiltswissy.blogspot.com/2013/09/doing-something-stupidall-in-days-work.html

    Check out the butt glove story! It will make you laugh

    ReplyDelete
  5. IMHO, you need some shading or shadow along the edge of your cliff. I didn't realize it was a cliff til you told me.

    I LOVE the piece, the balance is calming, the quilting adds dimension, the tree tops are perfect the way they are.

    It's a mood piece. LeeAnna Paylor

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the trees just the way they are. I think the fibers you have by her feet are great except for the green ones under her left foot. I think they are too fuzzy and undefined compared to the other fibers. But if you like them that way, you should keep them. You are the artist of that work and you are the one who decides what you like and what your intention is for the piece. I only mentioned my opinion since you asked. I really love the piece overall. I love the composition, the colors, the theme, the mood, the stitching, the contours of the hills. You've nailed it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yep, the trees in the lower left are great. :) I love this piece. It calls to me.

    ReplyDelete