Pages

Friday, October 28, 2016

Pup art

I was inspired by the work of Helene Knott - go here to see some of her patterns - soooo cute!

I wanted to try a cartoonish looking dog and not having the drawing talent of Helene I found a public domain copyright free to use drawing online and went from there.

The attitude of this little guy reminds me of my crazy little dog Zu so made my pup with her coloring.

 

Looking at her now, I think the area under the ears needs to be darker. I'll just shade that area a bit.

And maybe a dog tag attached to her collar?

 

Won't she look cool sitting atop a bookshelf?

Ready to pounce in case a squirrel or rabbit decides to invade my home

;-)

3 comments:

  1. Reminds me of a Disney cel. Additional shading under the ears and perhaps the jowls could really give it dimension. The background is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete