Pages

Thursday, July 12, 2018

Raindrops on roses

 I’m learning how to paint raindrops. First a rose. This is with the paint wet.



And after drying with raindrops ( that look more like bubbles) but still pretty cool. The rose itself lost a lot after drying though. I tried adding more paint and screwed up the corner.
 Here is the first raindrop I made. Looks like a marble

 Second try, now these look more raindrop like. I think raindrops need to be irregular while bubbles would be perfectly round. So much fun to make  and gratifying. Something different. If you want to try just google how to draw a raindrop. You tube will show you how and it really is pretty easy. You can do it!

2 comments:

  1. yes, the drops on the green really DO look like raindrops. I guess this is an example of practice makes perfect!
    xx, Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you attempted to add quilting to the drops yet? That would be interesting. I see so much potential for this.....wishing I had time to play right now

    ReplyDelete