Pages

Thursday, March 7, 2019

Sea foam quilting design

I love this quilting design that I saw on Christina Cameli’s Craftsy class. I think she called it sea foam.

 It has great texture and goes fast. You normally wouldn’t have all these color changes. This is my test sandwich for whenever I change thread or bobbin to make sure things are going right this the many colored threads.


Basically you start with a wiggled line going up and down. Make sure not to make your wiggles the same as the line next to it. You don’t want to echo here. Randomly wiggle and randomly make a little pocket as shown in the blue. Fill with pebbles and continue. Try it - it really is easy once you get going.

My hummingbird quilt is almost ready for the binding. I had one roadblock but I fixed it.

I probably should have left this alone but got it in my head I didn't like the color.

So I painted it with inktense blocks but liked it even less.


But adding these snippets left over made it Oooh la la! 

I’ll have it ready to unveil next week.



I came across this beautiful barred owl yesterday and it had broken its wing and couldn’t fly. Luckily someone came along and arranged for someone to come and rescue it and brought it to the rehabilitation center. Unfortunately they said the wing is broken really bad and he might have to be euthanized. He’s going to a vet today to find out for sure. If he does at least he won’t suffer out in the below zero weather and starve to death since he can’t hunt not being able to fly and we gave him a fighting chance. I stood there and we locked eyes for a few minutes. Owls are magical birds. 

No comments:

Post a Comment