Pages

Friday, April 19, 2019

Mellow yellow

The goal is to make a quilt using yellow and from the color wheel (which I never use) pick the color or colors to go with it.
Yes, yet another challenge. This one is from step into your art 2019 on Facebook. Sorry I can’t include the link as the iPad app I use for blogger won’t do links

I picked purple, a complimentary color

Out come the scraps

Onto the machine using quilt as you go

Although I have the need to quilt the hell out of everything (that is the fun part after all)


I love how the quilting came out, leaving those purple strips I quilted makes them really pop. So much texture in this one.
This one is from start your art 2019.is from start your art 2019.his one is from start your art 2019.

3 comments:

  1. Yellow is hard for me! I tend to use it in small doses. But your quilt uses lots of it beautifully, and subtly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooo I love yellow. What a great job, I like the balance, the angles, the quilting and the three d stuff.
    Is this the latest challenge? After the quote one? LeeAnna

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love purple and yellow together and you have used it so well. Your machine quilting is phenomenal!

    ReplyDelete