A friend gave me this beautiful rug made of wool roving from Peru. It's very thick and roughly sewn together so the minute I put it down my dog ZuZu started pulling out all the fibers, having a grand ol time of it.
Before long she had pulled out a good sized pile of wool fibers. Why not make a quilt?
The wool is mixed with some shredded fluffed white batting to make it lighter as most of the rug was pretty dark. It was a needle felted to lutradur then cut out.
I think this sheep looks like a boy which Glen says is called a ram.
Thus the name
I like how his wool hangs over the border. If you want to see the journey from start to finish go here
My friend LeeAnna from not afraid of color tagged me in a blog love link referral type of thing. Kyla of sew slowly explains it here. It's a good way to get to know new bloggers. I'm supposed to share 7 things about myself so here goes :
1. I started quilting at the age of 19 (39 years ago) - you do the math :-) my mother showed me how and the first one I remember was a bunch of jars where each jar was a different fabric. It must have been appliqué. Back then we used cereal boxes cut up for templates and scissors. No mats, no rotary cutters - and yes, oh yes - no Internet! How did we survive!
2. Speaking of Internet - I am addicted to my IPhone and love, love twitter :-) I am @quiltscapes and only follow fellow quilters, nature lovers and all things Vermont (which is where I live)
3. While I do love good ol rock and roll, I go to sleep listening to classical music but spend the day listening to podcasts or books on audio.
4. If my house was on fire I would grab first my dogs, my phone, then my handi quilter sweet sixteen - can you see me dragging that thing out the door , it must weigh 100 pounds - lol!
5. I have worked at the same job for the past 30 years as a housekeeping manager but I am a lousy housekeeper at home. Guess I'm good at telling people what to do but not at the actual doing :-)
6. My favorite thing to do is walk in the woods. Pete Seeger had it right when he said "every time I'm in the woods I feel like I'm in church"
7. I've never had kids and while I admire those that do, I have no regrets. It's just not my thing.
Here are my girls :-)
Summer - the regal princess
And ZuZu the little rascal